eNews #34 November: Hockey Committee 2020
In this issue:
- Representative News
- Summer Comp Results
- Briars Hockey Committee 2020
- Briars Games Played Records Project
- Seasons Greetings
NSW U15 Indoor Representatives:
Congratulations to Annie Flack, Trinity Brook and Oskar Smith for making the NSW U13 indoor teams.
Summer Comp Results:
The latest Summer Comp results can be viewed via the link below. There are 4 rounds of senior games left and 5 rounds of the junior competition. Good luck to all teams!
Briars Hockey Committee 2020:
Your 2020 Committee was elected at the recent AGM with almost all positions filled. The people who have put up their hands up to lead our club are excited about what the 2020 season will bring.
We will be taking a slightly different approach to the running of the club next year. The men’s, women’s and junior’s Vice Presidents will each be forming their own sub-committee. Essentially a group of volunteers each taking on small but integral roles to help spread the load and ensure a smooth running season. This group will not need to meet, although they can if they want.
Our 3 Vice Presidents are VERY keen to hear from any player or parent who would be willing to be part of a sub-committee and chat about how they might be able to help. If you think you could help please drop them an email, they would love to hear from you!
As you can see from the committee list below we are still looking for someone to take on the role of Treasurer. The wonderful John Denniss has been Treasurer for the last 6 years is standing down. John is more than happy to ride co-pilot and help during the peak times in the season, so you certainly wouldn’t be on your own! If you think you can help please email email@example.com
- President (Executive) - David Slater
- Secretary (Executive) - Nicola Skinner
- Treasurer (Executive) - Position not yet filled David Slater supporting
- Vice-President – Men’s (Executive) Corry Allsop
- Vice-President – Women’s (Executive) Kylie Beckhouse & Cindy Goodridge supporting
- Vice-President – Junior’s (Executive) Position not yet filled Nicola Skinner supporting
- Social Coordinator (Executive) - Hannah Schasser
- Cintra Manager (Executive) - Kylie Norris
- Registrar - Junior John Clarke
- Registrar - Women Cindy Goodridge
- Registrar - Men Mike Denniss
- Umpires Coordinator - Chris Thuell
- Uniforms & Equipment Coordinator - Chris Hallett
Junior & Senior Briars Games Played Records Project:
So far we have been able to complete a games played total for 66% of our 335 playing members. We still have a long way to go and it is our mission to have a complete set of records by the first round of 2020. If you have not supplied your games played prior to 2019 estimates yet then I would love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will re-send the instructions.
We are so excited to be able to recognise milestones achieved by our players as they happen in the 2020 season.
This is the final eNews for the 2019 season. From all of us on the Committee we hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year with your loved ones. Enjoy the off-season and stay safe! The first eNews for 2020 with all pre-season dates and information will be sent late January.