Membership Renewal for 2018/2019
- Personal details & contact details will be requested once you go through to the payment section.
Please note that we will have your membership card waiting for you to collect from the bar when next you visit Briars Sports Club.
Briars Sports Club
Code of Conduct
All members are expected to display levels of behaviour that do not offend. Unruly, outlandish or offensive behaviour will not be tolerated.
The following rules are to be observed by members and guests whilst on the premises. The Club expects everyone to always act according to accepted norms, as would any community club; behave with common sense so as not to offend.
- All members must be financial members for the current year in an appropriate membership category.
- A member shall not, within the precincts of the Club, engage in any conduct that damages the image and integrity of the Club.
- A member shall not physically or verbally abuse any member of staff, opponent, spectator, Club official or member, or any other person whilst within the precincts of the Club.
- A member shall not use offensive language or make offensive gestures whilst within the precincts of the Club.
- Members and their guests shall dress at all times in clean and acceptable attire (see the Club's Dress Rules) whilst in the precincts of the Club.
- When representing Briars at Greenlees at other venues, members will adhere to the Code of Conduct for Briars at Greenlees Ltd.
- The Board of Briars at Greenlees will warn any member about his/her conduct and may place conditions upon membership. If the Board is of the opinion that a member has breached the Club's Code of Conduct, then the Board will take appropriate disciplinary action.
- Members are responsible for the behaviour of any guests they introduce to the Club and must ensure that their behaviour, at all times, conforms to this Code of Conduct.
- Any grievances or complaints about any aspect of the Club's operation must be forwarded in writing to the General Manager for formal consideration. Any other form of communication will not be accepted.
All members are expected to dress sensibly. Their appearance should neither offend or shock others, nor detract from the image and integrity of the Club. The following regulations are to be observed by members and guests whilst on the premises.
Gentlemen: Non-Offensive Apparel; appropriately fitting Trousers/Shorts, Shirtsand Footwear; Casual Wear that is clean and in good condition.
Ladies: Non-Offensive Apparel; appropriately fitting Clothing and Footwear; Casual Wear that is clean and in good condition.
Not Permitted at Any Time
Barefooted, Clothing with racist, offensive or obscene messages or motifs, Singlets, Dilapidated, worn-out or Ill-fitting clothing or footwear, Sporting footwear with studs/spikes etc, Caps/hats must be removed whilst inside the Club
Please think about your appearance. Dilapidated, dirty or torn (including ‘designer‘ tears) clothing create a bad impression of the club and should be avoided. ‘Fashionably exposed’ underwear is considered offensive. After playing sport or working, a change out of soiled clothing would be appreciated. A neat and tidy appearance, from head to toe, is expected at all times.
RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL HOUSE POLICY
The Responsible Service of Alcohol encompasses our responsibilities relating to minimizing the harm to our members and others resulting from the service of alcohol. The Act effectively requires the Club to have in place procedures to adequately ensure that the issues raised in the Act are managed. Briars at Greenlees Ltd, in the best interest of its patrons and the community promotes responsible serving of alcohol and sees it as vital for legal, health and community reasons. Our society is now less tolerant of the irresponsible use of alcohol that leads to drunkenness, drink driving and under age drinking. We are now far more aware of the serious social problems that are associated with such behaviour.
Briars at Greenlees has adopted the following strategies for the Responsible Service of Alcohol:
- Prohibiting unacceptable practises which could lead to the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol, which includes but is not limited to; skolling & boat races, the multiple supply of shooters, drink stockpiling, the supply of triples.
- Preventing under-age drinking by insisting on “proof of age” by requesting drivers license, passport or proof of age card issued by the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority.
- Preventing intoxication by recognizing the signs of intoxication and avoiding serving anyone to the point of intoxication. We will deny entry or service to anyone who is already intoxicated
- If you are intoxicated our staff will refuse service and ask you to leave the premises, an intoxicated person is not permitted to stay on the premises by law – unless they are a risk to themselves
- We will promote the service of non-alcoholic beverages and food.
- The supply of no more than 2 alcoholic drinks to an individual at any one time during an open bar and the supply of no more than 4 drinks to an individual at any one time during regular bar trading
- Any person found to be buying drinks for an intoxicated person will be refused further service and asked to leave the premises
- Foul or abusive language or behaviour or improper conduct towards members, guests or employees or causing damage to club property will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Our policy at Briars at Greenlees is very clear - we want all guests to enjoy themselves. We are here to serve people with alcoholic beverages, professionally, in a friendly manner and responsibly.
This policy in no way limits people’s choice to drink and enjoy themselves. We want all customers to enjoy themselves. What we do not want to do is allow people to drink to excess and place themselves, our patrons and the community at risk. By working together as a team we can create a safe, enjoyable and friendly atmosphere for all.